p class=rtecenterimg src=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/ybfchic/Untitled-20.jpg alt= //p
pTV personality strongEmily B/strong chatted exclusively with TheYBF.com about navigating motherhood (and her new clothing line) while being a reality star...just in time for Mother's Day.nbsp; You might say she's inadvertently teaching her daughter some sketchy things about self respect as it relates to relationships with men...but Emily has a different take./p
pnbsp;/p
pGet her nuggets of wisdom about how she keeps her teen daughter from doing foolish activities on social networks, why she will never fight on TV amp; what she teaches her kids about relationships.../p
!--break--!--break--pimg width=600 height=418 alt= src=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/ybfchic/may%202012/imagejpeg_26.jpg //p
pStylist Emily Bustamante, the mother of fourteen-year old strongTaina/strong (pictured above as a baby) and four-year-old son strongJohan/strong, quickly rose to reality stardom as the girlfriend of rapperstrong Fabolous /strongon two seasons of VH1's quot;Love amp; Hip Hopquot;. nbsp;Now, as she juggles fame, career and motherhood, she offered nuggets of wisdom to TheYBF.com about what she's learned along the way.nbsp;/p
pstrongOn what she tells her teen daughter about fame and social networking/strong/p
pquot;You know what, I think she has learned so much from me and my experience that I don't have to tell her anything. nbsp;I would let her judge for herself and make her own decisions, she's a smart girl. nbsp;She's not even famous and she's already felt the sting. nbsp;I allowed her to get a on social networking site with Instagram and already she has 10,000 followers. nbsp;She already feels judged and there are people stealing her pictures. She told me, 'Mommy, I don't know how you do it....I want to delete my Instagram because I don't like people in my business.'nbsp; I just teach her to not let other people's opinions determine who she is or can be.quot;/p
pstrongOn how women should carry themselves as an example to their daughters/strong/p
pquot;There are a lot of women who fight on television and I promised myself that I would never do that. nbsp;My advice to women who are put in bad situations in front of their kids is to shut down!nbsp; You don't have to participate in the madness.quot;/p
pstrongOn how she gets her children's respectbr /
/strong/p
pquot;One thing I teach my daughter is to have patience. nbsp;I'm always calm and I speak to my kids in a calm tone. nbsp;I never raise my voice to my daughter. nbsp;Once you raise your voice, kids stop listening.nbsp; If I ever emneed/em to raise my voice, my kids know I mean business.quot;/p
pstrongOn what she loves most about being a mother/strong/p
pquot;It's my motivation, my kids are everything. nbsp;I don't know what I would do without them. nbsp;I wake up every morning and take my kids to school and try to remain normal. nbsp;I love being a part of their life. nbsp;I don't need anything else but my kids.quot;/p
pstrongOn the hardest part about being a mother/strong/p
pquot;The hardest thing for me is always thinking that my daughter will make the same mistakes as me. nbsp;I got pregnant at 16 and sometimes I'm always comparing her life to mine. nbsp;I had to realize that she's not me. nbsp;She's a different girl and I have to know just because I did it, doesn't mean she will do it. nbsp;I tell her, don't be like me.....be better than me.quot;/p
pstrongOn instilling faith in the kidsbr /
/strong/p
pquot;As a parent, you should have a foundation in your home and that includes the fear of God.quot;nbsp;/p
pstrongOn handling peer pressurenbsp;/strong/p
pquot;When it comes to peer pressure, teach your kids to be leaders not followers and don't let them fall into the trap of comparing themselves to other kids.quot;/p
pstrongOn navigating the hard task of communication with teen daughtersbr /
/strong/p
pquot;I always tell my daughter that if she needs anyone to talk to that she should come to me.nbsp; There is nothing you're going through that I haven't experienced because I have been through it all!quot;nbsp;/p
pnbsp;/p
pimg alt= src=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/ybfchic/may%202012/EmilywithKids.jpg //p
pimg width=600 height=448 style=border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; alt= src=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/ybfchic/may%202012/photo.jpg //p
pEmily told us that it's ironic that she sees herself evolving into her own mother./p
pemquot;Everything I hated growing up that I heard my mom say...now I understand. nbsp;My mother would always say, 'I'm not your friend I'm your mother.'nbsp; And that's one thing I tell my daughter all the time.quot;nbsp;/emnbsp;/p
pSo what's next for Emily B? She previously confirmed she is not returning to quot;Love amp; Hip Hop.quot;emnbsp;/em But she's got her own clothing line project in the works./p
pem quot;Right now I'm working on a womenswear line call Emily B. nbsp;It's gonna be fun and affordable and trendy. nbsp;At the same time, it's going to be sexy and classy. nbsp;It's my baby right now.nbsp; I'm also looking at doing a menswear line as well because men's fashion is my passion. nbsp;Really....I love to style men.quot;nbsp;/em/p
pLooking forward to seeing it Em!/p
pnbsp;/p
div class='sexybookmarks-default-9435'/div
No comments:
Post a Comment